- Position: bright filtered light
- Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: average
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 70cm (+ or - 10% including the pot)
Pot cover: choose an 18cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot
This easy-going house plant won’t take up too much space, so it's ideal for brightening up a hallway or filling an empty corner. Each of its slender leaves has a bright yellow band running down its length, which is encased with a rich green border, so (as the name suggests) the overall effect is a bit like a sunray!
Please note that the pot in the photograph is not supplied with the plant (which is sent out in a simple nursery pot). They do however make excellent potted plants, and if you wish to pot yours up, we do have a wide range of pots on our website to choose from.
- Home care: Water well in the growing season, but less so in winter. Misting the leaves with water will help keep the humidity levels high, as well as keeping the leaves dust-free. Repot in spring every couple of years and keep temperatures above 10°C in winter.