Rosemary seeds (Hybrid) (0961)
1. HOW TO GERMINATE SEEDS
1. SHOULD WE SOAK THE ROSEMARY SEEDS OVERNIGHT FOR BETTER GERMINATION?
No need to soak the Rosemary seeds in the water. Non-soaked seeds also can work fine.
2. SHOULD WE USE THE SEEDLING TRAY OR DIRECT SOW IS RECOMMENDED?
We can maintain the seeds in the tray at the beginning. But when the plant reaches 2 to 3 inches in length it requires some more space to grow. Sowing directly into pot is the best way to cultivate.
3. WHAT IS THE BEST SEASON TO GROW ROSEMARY?
It is better to grow in the winter season. Winter season helps to increase the growing speed also we can expect best result in winter.
4. WILL IT GERMINATE IN ALL SEASONS?
Rosemary can available in all the season also it can germinate in all the seasons. But we can expect quick result in the winter season.
5. HOW MANY DAYS WILL IT TAKE TO GERMINATE?
Rosemary will take 15 to 20 days to germinate
6. CAN WE KEEP IT INDOOR AFTER SOWING OR WE SHOULD KEEP IT OUTDOOR?
It is an indoor plant. So we can grow Rosemary in indoor. It doesn't require sunlight.
7. WHICH CONTAINER IS SUITABLE? RECTANGULAR, ROUND?
As we experimented Rosemary can acquire the more space to grow its roots. rectangular pots has large space in it. So it is sufficient to grow Rosemary.
8. WHAT TEMPERATURE IS REQUIRED TO GROW ROSEMARY?
Rosemary can grow quickly in the 10 to 21 degree temperature.This temperature helps to resist the diseases.
2. WHAT POTTING MIX TO USE?
1. WILL THE COCO PEAT BASED POTTING MIX BE SUFFICIENT OR DOES IT NEED SOIL ONLY?
If you are using a Potting mix, no need to invest for any other compost. Most of the plants need fertilizer and compost to grow. Potting mix has fertilizer and compost content on it. Also, it keeps soil healthy and moist.
3. HOW TO WATER?
1. DOES IT NEED A LOT OF WATER OR VERY LESS WATER?
Rosemary may be cool weather crop but requires more water.
Two times per day in Summer, regular watering in winter. Most of the times watering is not required in rainy season. Water only if does not rain for 2 days in the row.
2. WILL IT SUSTAIN HIGH SUNLIGHT?
It can not sustain heavy sunlight. So it is better to grow in indoor.
3. DOES IT GROW INDOOR IN A SHADE OR LESS SUN?
It can grow healthy from less sunlight also in the indoor
1. WHAT ARE THE COMMON DISEASES IT GETS?
Rosemary can be affected by the Root Rot, Blight Infection, Leaf Spot diseases. So we advice using the Neem oil. Neem oil can fight with common diseases and also it makes plants healthy. It is a natural pesticide.
1. HOW MANY DAYS IT TAKES TO GROW FROM SEED TO HARVEST STAGE?
Rosemary will take 70 to 90 days to harvest from the sowing.
2. HOW TO IDENTIFY WHETHER IT IS READY FOR HARVEST?
When the Rosemary reaches the 4 to 5 inches in the length it ready for the harvest.